When I follow the wisdom of a green awakening my heart radiates. The Buddha created a compassionate road map. His awakening happened during his own climate crisis when he touched the earth to bear witness! Today’s challenges requires an energetic alignment so that we may find greater harmony with all things.
The Buddha offered practical guidelines on how to be happy with his teachings of the Noble Eight-fold Path. This blueprint provides clear instruction as to how to awaken cultivating virtuous acts. Also you benefit employing environment-friendly Eight-fold techniques fostering greater well being.
The Eight-fold wisdom to lessening our suffering have three forms to building our serene inner house;
• FOUNDATION - 1) Virtue/Ethics : Skillful Speech, Action and Livelihood:
• WALLS - 2) Concentration: Skillful Energy, Mindfulness and Concentration
• ROOF - 3) Wisdom - Skillful Understanding and Thought
This mental home will protect us from the harsh weather elements caused by turmoil.
1) FOUNDATION: Cultivating Virtue– Skillful Speech, Action and Livelihood are the ethical basis and support for developing our inner home.
Our foundation becomes solid with right speech, actions and livelihood translating into wholesome deeds. Ethical conduct happens when we treat all things and ourselves with compassion. We cultivate virtue when we care and respect for all things are one.
Skillful Speech: We must speak the truth with heart and meaning so as to unite. Carefully listen so as to clarify the facts from fiction. Speak only what is of benefit.
Skillful Action: Show reverence for all things, we must protect and preserve all forms of living beings. We must end instead end whenever we can.
Skillful Livelihood: Living in an eco-friendly way. Living simply so others can simply live- thus insuring future generations. Causing no harm with our life or creating future problems.
2) WALLS: CONCENTRATION - Skillful Energy, Mindfulness and Concentration: All these factors work together. - Walls hold or cherish this place and create sacred space.
Skillful Energy: Prevent, Preserve, Protect and Prosper. Prevent climate change, preserve our resources, protect ourselves and prosper from these deeds.
Skillful Mindfulness: Remembering and observing what is happening now. This is both non-judgmental and maintaining present moment awareness. So mindfulness is the new mental blueprint to securely build our sacred mental house.
Skillful Concentration: Unifying your intention so you pay attention in the moment. Focus clearly to a wholesome mind-set increasing your mental power. This mental power will cultivate wisdom and understanding to penetrate into the problem of climate change. Getting the walls squared requires concentration.
3) ROOF: WISDOM - Skillful Understanding and Thought: Interconnecting it all together. SEPARATION = SUFFERING
Now that we have the foundation (virtues) and walls (concentration) what are we missing? We all need protection from our own inner climate change or roof protection. The roof encloses our inner home. Wisdom via skillful Understanding and Thought caps this structure within. It interconnects the walls and foundation together.
Skillful Understanding: The Buddha laid down the teaching on “Dependent Co-arising” - nothing is independent in the world- “everything is interconnected”. For instance if your mindless your roof will leak and damage your walls and foundation.
Skillful Thought: Friendliness, generosity, and compassion. These are roofing materials safeguarding our inner home.
To address dissatisfaction and mindlessness we must skillfully think before we act. Virtuous thoughts will secure our Foundation through skillful speech, actions and livelihood. Our Walls of Concentration create skillful energy, mindfulness and focus. Our Roof brings it together through skillful understanding and thought.
Remember the green awakening is a serene way of attaining our greatest compassion.
• Show reverence with generous ways, right action and speech securing a firm foundation cultivating virtue;
• Concentrate on harmonizing by holding or creating inner space creating the walls of loving kindness. Love for earth and ourselves as one with an attitude of gratitude.
• Finally, Compassion balances our Wisdom by understanding our interconnection and also our generous nature.
Take the word EARTH and take the H from the end of it and put it to the front. It spells HEART. Now let us touch our hearts together to express ONE response to our INNER GREEN AWAKENING thanks to the Noble Eight-fold Path.